The one “in charge” of the second wave of migrants was Martin Hamaliar (also the first priest) who also put forward the way to A. Ludwig's military frontline on the border. As a man in charge, he didn't have much of a say about what should be done in a new village, so Ludwig gave Hamaliar his word that there will be wells drilled and built for water. Hamaliar mentioned that this new village should be named ‘Ludwigsdorf' (the village of Ludwig ) later in Hungarian, “Lajosfalva” and as it grew, “Nadlajosfalva” (Nagylajosfalva). But the people unanimously decided it should be named only Padina.
Life for the first Slovak settlers in Padina wasn't easy. Slovak families had to endure massive water shortages and ferocious sand storms, witch in this area were plentiful because of the amount of sand and the relatively flat terrain. In the first few years of establishment, Padina had her fair share of problems as far as water was concerned. One water well wasn't enough for drinking water for the settlers, let alone for anything else… So, the Slovaks had to trek 10 odd km's by foot to the nearest town, Kovacica for water. The first people of the new Padina learnt to ration their water supply so it lasted until they went to Kovacica again. In 1814, there was still no new wells installed yet, so a lot of people decided to leave Padina… but the military that occupied the border did not let them leave. Thanks to priest Jan Stehlu, Padina received five new wells in 1817.